Thursday, January 29, 2015

Back in the Middle East

Regina and Bruce in 1977

Visiting the Middle East

I travelled in the Middle East back in the 1970's and 80's. Headed back there after 38 years. Yikes! I met Regina while travelling, we married and had two daughters, who both grew up and did their own travelling, including the Middle East.

Emily and Sophie in Egypt in 2010

Sophie now lives in Saudi Arabia and has just had her first son, Langston, with hubby Shaq. This is my first grandchild, so I am headed there for a visit.

Sophie, Shaq and Langston in Saudi Arabia 2014

After the visit, I will head to Jordan to see Petra and maybe wander over to Egypt. I was there in 1981, but never got to see Abu Simbel or the Aswan Dam, both high on my list.

The Treasury at night - Petra, Jordan

Petra, Jordan thru the back door

No comments:

Post a Comment